Any person booking and/or visiting The Real Mary King’s Close does so subject to the following conditions. Please review our terms and conditions carefully before making a booking.
- Tickets: Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Payment: Full pre-payment must be made for all people visiting The Real Mary King’s Close.
- Cancellation: Standard fees for late cancellation are 100% of the booking. To notify of potential cancellation of your booking line: +44 (0) 131 225 0672.
- Arrival / Late arrival: We ask all visitors to arrive at least 15 minutes before their scheduled tour time. The Real Mary King’s Close reserves the right to refuse entry to any visitors arriving after their scheduled tour time. The Real Mary King’s Close retains absolute discretion as to whether late arriving visitors will be charged for their tour. Standard fees for late arrival will be 100% of the booking.
- No-shows: The Real Mary King’s Close retains absolute discretion as to whether visitors who do not arrive for their tour will be charged. Standard fees for no-shows are 100% of the booking.
- Refunds: The Real Mary King’s Close retains absolute discretion as to whether refunds will be given.
- Spaces: All our tours have 21 spaces. If your group is less than 21 people we may let other people join your tour. The only way to ensure a private tour is to pay for all available 21 spaces. Groups / visitors arriving with less people than originally booked will be charged for all pre-ordered tickets.
- Translator: Any groups wishing to bring a translator will be required to book a private tour. To book a private tour, please call our groups booking line on +44 (0) 131 225 0675.
- Audio guides are available in French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Hungarian and Mandarin. If you require an audio guide, please reserve them in advance by calling +44 (0) 131 225 0672 and quote your booking reference. We cannot guarantee audio guides will be available if they are not pre-booked.
- Photography: Photography is not allowed during any tour at The Real Mary King’s Close.
Mary King’s Close reserves the right to refuse entry on to a tour or remove any person who:
- Arrives late for their tour
- Is suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Does not respect the historical nature of the attraction
- Behaves in a manner which is disruptive to the enjoyment of other visitors.
- Behaves in a manner which compromises the safety of other visitors or staff.
- Uses verbal or physical threats or insults toward any member of staff.